Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunny Day on Saturday

Wow! All of a sudden the weather is beautiful! With more on the way, I hear!

Yesterday I had a ride on the ferry with my sister, as we had something to go to on the peninsula across Puget Sound from Seattle. I love riding the ferry and smelling the sea, looking at birds and seals, basking in the sun, getting blown by the icy wind and taking pictures. (smile)

She had a meeting, so I mostly just read and relaxed... I read Shag: the last of the plains buffalo, by McClung and finished the first two acts of Twelfth Night, as I'm going to see it this summer.

To pass the time, we stopped by an antique shop on the way to the ferry, and found a nice painting for the library downstairs... or wherever we put it. Cute little shop... and not too expensive either. I also got a little fish book that goes in a set with others I have... the Golden Nature Guides from 1955... I also have Mammals and Seashores. "A Guide to Familiar American Species"... I like the drawings; they are richly drawn! Cute little books too!

Coming and going from Bremerton, we passed by the Bremerton Naval Shipyard, where we saw the USS Kitty Hawk CV-63, at it's final berth. But we only saw it from the ferry.

On the way home we stopped at Ivar's for dinner and went home. I just found out that it's only in Washington! Huh!

Jp

1 comment:

VanillaRose said...

My dad worked at PSNS (Puget sound navel shipyard - Bremerton) for 32 years. He worked on most of those ships you saw there, as well and a number of submarines. He is now retired - Jan 3, 2006... after I graduated. :)