Saturday, March 14, 2009

Untitled

Yeah, I couldn't figure out what to name it.

Yesterday after work... had to work a little late because I woke up a little late...

It's been that kind of week... late to bed, early to rise makes me unhappy and late, I surmise.

And after work I was so relieved that I didn't have anything to do, that I worked on going through stuff in my room. Programs from shows I saw last year... getting them ready to be slapped in a book so I can go back and look through them later... I found a copy of the letter I wrote to Amanda Naughton... gosh! it was a pretty nice letter! If only I didn't expect her to reply.

And then our family took Dad's mom and sister and brother-in-law out to dinner at Denny's so everyone could finally say goodbye to Zac, because he leaves for recruit training tomorrow evening. (sigh) I know that I'll most likely cry, but I hope it won't be as bad as it was January 11. Gee, I still remember the date...

When we got home, we watched "The Counterfeit Traitor" with William Holden from 1961. Wow! Good movie! An American turned Swede oil businessman is coerced into spying against the Nazis for the Allies... and it gets really good!

And although I had to get up just after 7 this morning, I stayed up til midnight goofing around on Facebook. Gahhhh! When will I learn?!

My sister and I had to get up early because we needed to go pick the horses' feet before the farrier arrived at 9. It was my first time watching the farrier do the trimming and shoeing... it was very interesting.

Afterwords, it was so cold and rainy (biking got cancelled) and my fingers were pink and my toes freezing (and they were uncomfortable to begin - Roo stomped on the little toes of my right foot while I was picking his back foot - and it left a dent in my GI boots for a moment), so we left. We went over Tolt Hill into Redmond, had a fabulous lunch at our mutually favorite lunch place, Panera Bread. Then we went to Value Village (I found some amazing shoes! and a large plastic frill-necked-lizard, a species I have adored since I was a kid - holy cow! it's so cool! it's like life size!), and then Half Price Books for a quick look-around, and then Tree Top Toys, where I bought a Carnegie dinosaur. We went home for a while, and then went to Fred Meyer to get an alarm clock for me, so I can get up this week. And while we were there, we looked at the toys and I found an extremely cute stuffed horse that looked exactly like Thunderhoof! LOL! Very fun day with my sister!

Jp

No comments: