Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fun Days!

The road in front of my house was still pretty hard to navigate on Saturday night when my friend came over. It is only just starting to bare the asphalt only today. I am really adoring having an all-wheel drive car - it's making life easier this winter!

Since my friend and I stayed up late, we slept in too, and spent the entire, glorious day together. My sister's family comes over on Sundays, so, after an excursion in the snow, we entertained my niece and nephew by wrestling and rolling around with them on the living room floor! So much fun! And exhausting! By then, it was time to take my friend back to her house in Seattle, but I went in and stayed to play games like Spite&Malice and Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego? until it was very late.

Monday was... very unlike Mondays! Thanks to vacation! I slept in a bunch, and then my sister and I went to BCC for her to sign some papers (and we reminisced with old friends, like our old co-worker in the mail room and one of my sister's profs - my old profs weren't in). After that, we headed for Crossroads Mall where we spent some time in Half Price Books, where I got a "then & now" book on London, mostly for the photography but also for the history of all of London's famous streets & buildings. I also picked up the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum Story of Flight (300 pgs with lots of beautiful pics). We then dropped in on Uncle's Games and I got two very nice puzzles, and then we had a little snack, Greek style at The Mediterranean Grill.

We arrived back home around four pm, and I immediately realized that I was missing the first part of my brother's "Band of Brothers" marathon when I saw his friend's car parked outside. Thankfully, they had only got into the second episode (which I had just seen on the plane this summer), so by the time I finished my Christmas avocado with my sister, I joined in on part three of the ten part (and hour) miniseries. There were seven guys over, so I had to start out on the floor. The show was so well done, I hardly noticed the eight hours as they went by. I had seen bits and pieces of most of the episodes before, but only on TV. This was my first time through the whole thing. It is a great experience if done that way. Wow!

Today I had planned on doing just reading and writing, but that will have to wait for tomorrow. The snow had melted enough for my sister and I to head out to Carnation for some belated Christmas and horseback riding. We had a good time, but it was very snowy and wet all over the trail and we didn't get very far. But it was good to do horsey stuff again and see our friends. Our Christmas gift from our Aunt and Uncle was a trip to Outback Steakhouse, so that I just returned from. They have an excellent Tilapia and Crab dish that is just delightful!

On to tomorrow after a little "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" with my siblings! Ah, vacation!

Jp

No comments: