Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yesterday

I had an unusually interesting day at work yesterday... I had ordered up a box from our records management center like usual, but I couldn't find the lot I was looking for. There were supposed to be three lots for the one serial number (as described on the detail sheet) but only two of the numbers matched. The extra lot was from a totally different program, so I showed it to my coworkers... and it turns out that it was a majorly important lot that had been "lost" right before I started working here in 2006. The lot I couldn't find before, I found jammed in the back of the previous lot. Strange stuff going on there, whoa! Anyway, my boss was very happy with me.

As far as the election went, nothing really shocked me. The "death with dignity" initiative passed here (as it did in Oregon a few years ago)... I don't know how good of an idea that is... because it seemed to me that it didn't have enough safeguards regarding insurance companies. Who the heck is the electorate anyway, to decide such an issue like this? Shouldn't there be a debate by professional philosophers instead of asking random street people? I hope it does not get abused, because if it does, it will be legalized murder. I was a little surprised that the governor's race went the way it did though. I thought people would be tired of the incumbent, and that the race would be way closer than it was.

Jp

No comments: