Friday, November 7, 2008

Photos!

Hey! Those photo enlargers actually work pretty well!

I printed my first photo last night at class, one of the pics of my mom from my portrait assignment. On the first try (on the test strip), the photos wouldn't develop and we were all wondering why... until we realized that the developer was used up. So on my test strip, I got this extremely faint print of my mom that faded off into nothing on the edges, sort of like an old, old photo. So I kept it anyway, because it looks sort of dreamy. I'll try to scan it in sometime so I don't have to write a 1,000 words about it... :) Anyway, after the developer got changed I got a pretty good print. But I also found out that the actual negative was a taken a little bit out of focus. Good thing I tend to like soft prints!

I'm a pretty dorky person. I felt "cool" walking around with my olive green, 1940's, army reproduction Musette bag on which I had stenciled the letters "US" to make it look more authentic. :) I use it for all my photo gear that I bring to class... Oh, and the tuna sandwich I bought at the business school cafe before class wasn't quite as good as it tasted last Tuesday. Oh well. Maybe I'll try something new next time.

Traffic was absolutely awful last night! I think it might have been the rain, but seriously, why can't people not freak out about the weather? They would all die if they tried to drive in China.

LOL

Jp

No comments: