Saturday, November 8, 2008

What I've Been Up To

Well, it is difficult trying to come up with interesting titles for these things...

My sister wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I went riding alone. Last time I tried taking Roo out into the woods alone he started bucking like there was no tomorrow... he's sort of attached to Molly and gets worried if they are separated. So when I took him out to pick his feet before I tacked him up, he started flipping out. I just spoke softly until he settled down (and his front legs stopped shaking) and was able to do everything with relative ease. I even gave him a bite of hay between the 2nd and 3rd foot for being so good. We didn't go far, but he was still pretty jumpy. He did a lot of half prancing/ half trotting when I wanted him to walk (it was pretty slippery out because of all the rain we've had here lately) and when I wanted him to go on instead of turning to the right to go back to the pasture, he did a little, tiny hoppy bucking, but that was nothing compared to the rollercoaster I rode a while ago when I lost my stirrups and figured out how to hang on with my thighs. There's nothing like a good buck for learning how to hang on. :) After that happened, I don't really fear anything about riding. The experience helped me out a lot with self-confidence in more ways than just riding. But that was then, this is now...

We had a nice 1/2 hour ride or so, and then I went back to hearth and home. My sister was watching M.A.S.H. on TV, so I sat down with her. Afterwards, Dad took her and I and my Mom out to Denny's where I had a lovely western burger. Very yummy. Back again at home, we watched the last half of the new "Freaky Friday" (and loved Dina Spybey - always will - Dad said something like 'Hey! Isn't that whats-her-name from Remember WENN?') LOL! Very fun times. And then I went and worked on putting recent pictures in appropriate folders on my laptop (it was getting out of control again) and when I came back out they were watching "A Shot in the Dark". I sat down and watched too, but after it was over, I fell asleep on the couch. I remember Mom putting a blanket on me and and asking if I wanted a certain light off or on... well then I woke up at 7:15 this morning... still in my jeans and sweatshirt. Also very fun!

Today I spent way too much time working on Betty's character profile/walk-through. Uh..I know it's kinda silly, but it is a ton of fun to go through and think about everything important that happened. I don't know if anyone will ever read it (or if I will ever finish! LOL), but it's fun to write. I'm also thinking about what I want the website to look like, and I hope I can come up with a good hosting site and everything else that's involved. Hmm...

But after I tore myself away from that... around the "Close Quarters" - "FBI" time frame, I picked up my camera and finished all my class assignments because there was some nice light outside. It really was nice today after it stopped raining. The assignment from this week was still life, using blacks and whites only in order to understand the camera's meter. I set up scenes with some of the many toy horses we have around here and I think it looked pretty good.

Tonight I have a party to go to for my uncle's birthday. We're leaving here around 6:30, but I should return by 9 PM at the latest. We'll see!

Jp

No comments: