Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Simple Notes

Tuesday's photography class was different because Carla was sick. David covered for her so we really just had a conversation about photography, about the direction of it and the diversity of the forms of it. This was supplemented by 3 presentations, and we left after about an hour and a quarter of class time.

I found a few more awesome patches on eBay... I can already tell what one of my new year's resolutions will be... maybe limiting myself to one online purchase per month or something... LOL! I found a nice Disney World one, an Asheville North Carolina one, one from Nashville, one from Gettysburg that I considered getting when I was there and didn't... and a few others. One that made me laugh (but was too expensive) was this:




Wednesday night, my teacher had an exhibition of 20 of his pictures at a church in Bellevue. They were his first venture into photoshop after decades of working with photography. He didn't do any combination printing, but did dodge and burn a little :) It was a great show! The theme of the show was "Off the Wall", photos of interesting walls or surfaces from all over the world, most of them being murals. I stayed an hour and got to talk to him quite a bit.

By the time I left, the evening traffic had subsided, so it only took me about 20 minutes to get home. Becky then came by for a few WENN's, and we delighted ourselves to "From the Pen". It always knocks me over when Eugenia meets "Victor" and when the reflecting ball drops from out of nowhere... not to mention everything else. LOL!!!!

Jp

No comments: