Sunday, November 23, 2008

Printing and Things

Well, I overslept, but that was fine by me! I woke up precisely at 9:25, when I had wanted to leave around 9:30, so I ended up getting to campus a little after 10. I started by developing assignment 6 - it turned out alright, even though it didn't rewind correctly. I only lost 3 pictures by opening up the back... this happened once before this quarter... and I was saved by creating a darkroom in the bathroom and rolling it up by hand and putting it in the little plastic film case that rolls come in.

There were lots of people in the lab today, so many so that I had to use one of the newer machines that I was afraid of trying... and it turns out that they are easier to use! You only have to adjust knobs for getting the filter instead of actually putting a filter in on the older machines. Better late than never, I suppose. I ended up making prints from my last two assignments, as was my intention today. So generally speaking, everything went swimmingly.

I forgot to mention on Friday, that I watched Kit Kittredge from Netflix with my parents. I enjoyed it very much; it was cute, but not in a bad way. I really enjoy stories from the depression era anyway :) My parents said they liked it too. (Thanks, Linda, for the suggestion)

Today after lunch, the family were busy watching Kung Fu Panda, which I have already seen, so I nestled myself away in my room and watched Road to Morocco, for the very first time (Thank you Mike!) and I just loved it! The opening from TCM made me nostalgic for AMC... Well, the one we knew so many years ago. And for Bob Dorian as well... nobody can announce an old movie (or a TV show) like good old Bob! Bing and Bob (Hope, not Dorian) were so funny! My gosh! I can't believe I haven't seen these before!

For the rest of the evening, I took care of cleaning up the kitchen from our various meals today... while pretty much everyone else watched the premiere of the new 24 episode... yuck. I lasted about 2.4 minutes before I had to stop watching.

Jp

No comments: