Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bon Appetite

I feel like this week has been slowly crawling by. Maybe because the stuff at work is mind-numbingly boring, or maybe because I didn't have class to rush off to last night. Anyway, it's only Wednesday and I still have another 9 hour workday until Friday can be brought. But tomorrow night I do have class to rush off to, so perhaps that will speed it up. The weekend is sure to fly by, since I have to go to Seattle on both Saturday (for the last home game) and Sunday (for a different band gig).

Last night I occupied myself by making a couple pumpkin pies for the family. I had to go to Safeway to pick up one of the cans of pumpkin, and it turned out to be $1.99 for just one 15 oz. can! Holy cow! But it was just one, so I got it (while the crust was chilling) and then mixed up the two batches when I got home. The one can we had from the pantry turned out to be expired as of June 2008, but mom shrugged that off as irrelevant for canned pumpkin. And it tasted great for desert after the leftovers we had for dinner tonight. Thanksgiving usually heralds the coming of pumpkin pie at my house, but as my sister and I are going to North Carolina for the holiday, I wanted to have some still.

At work today, the company had a turkey dinner served for lunch. It was potluck style, with employees bringing side dishes, salads, drinks and TONS of deserts. There is always so much food... I had the turkey with gravy and stuffing, a roll of rye bread, three different salads, a pesto pasta, a little bit of tasty Brussel sprouts (baked with oil and herbs - YUM!), strawberries, fruit salad, and only a tiny bite of my boss's chocolate cheesecake, a fudge cake and a tiny slice of apple pie to finish it off. And because I knew all this was scheduled for today, I made myself go to Jazzercise this morning, even though I stayed up way too late again.

Jp

No comments: