Monday, October 13, 2008

Unusual Sunday

I started off the day by sleeping 45 minutes past my alarm clock. But it felt good. I flew out the door, because I was playing in my first non-football alumni band gig for a benefit race at the UW called the Dawg Dash. Alumni band is quite different than the regular band. I was the only mellophone, and there were no saxes (they usually have the similar part to the mellos) so it took a minute for me to adjust to playing with no-one else playing my part. A varsity band gig with this turn out would have been cancelled. We had one sousa, one drummer, one pic, two clarinets, four trumpets, three trombones and me. I sounded very... exposed.

I then hung out at the University Village and ate a very tasty bagel breakfast sandwich while I read a bit from my photography history textbook. I also found a couple things I had been searching for at Schuck's Auto Supply for my ride. The reason to hang out was the late opening hours of the camera store in downtown - at which I found everything I needed.

On the way home I swung by Fred Meyer for binder page holders for class, and found a couple nice tops for work at the same time.

When I came home, the family was over and Becky stopped by as well for a couple games and the viewing of "The Happiest Millionaire". My 4 year old niece Rebekah, watches the movie all the time at home and copies the dances and the songs with amazing detail. She was hilarious to watch. After the family left, we watched "Christmas in the Airwaves", and I wanted to cry at Maple's "it makes family of us all" line at the end. Gosh, I love that episode. The 400 elves and all.

Jp

1 comment:

VanillaRose said...

I'm starting to have several favorite episodes. :P