Friday, October 17, 2008

Crazy Fridays

I have been running all day... I'm about to blink out, but I wanted to get this in today's column.

I woke up bright and cheery for Jazzercise, but managed to get there 6 minutes late (no biggie - all I missed was the warm-up song). Then headed off to work for 4 and a half hours (a half to make up for leaving early to make it class yesterday - Thursday traffic is always worse for some reason). In class yesterday we talked all about F-stops (which stands for Function - Stop Plates, BTW) and shutter speed. Our assignment this week is to take portrait shots on a whole roll of film and switch up the F-stops and see the results when we process it at the next class.

After relaxing for a moment at home which included eating lunch, playing backgammon and naming the new family car (my parents just got a new one too), Meggan and I headed out to Carnation to ride our horses. We had a lovely time and the horses had a great workout. We trotted and cantered quite a bit compared to what we usually do. We even persuaded them to cross a little creek (they are deathly afraid of stepping in water). It was great fun! I love feeling Roo's power when he canters. We also go very fast. :)

We got home about 7pm and then went out to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. From there I headed over to Seattle to play at the rally for the OSU game tomorrow. I needed to return 'The Women', pay Alex for the Mellophone shirt and pick up my present from Rachel, from her trip to Germany - a Reichsbanknote for 1 million marks, from 1923. The rally was good and the t-shirt is funny, but I wasn't able to get very excited about it, probably because I'm so tired. I suppose that's how it goes.

Anyway, 4 pm kickoff tomorrow. Homecoming. Oh Boy. I won't be too surprised if our record after the game is 0-6. Gosh. Even worse than 2004. I didn't think that was ever possible.

Jp

No comments: