Tuesday, September 23, 2008

side note

Well, I didn't find a car today, but I did find an authoritative history of Pittsburgh on the Internet for less than $9 dollars, including shipping. My gosh, I love the Internet. That and Abebooks.com.

Pittsburgh: The Story of an American City,
Fifth Edition, by Stefan Lorant

Can't wait!

And then my sister and I watched at least 5 episodes of Dick Van Dyke on netflix.com tonight... which one was it... where I cried with laughter... oh, yeah. "Don't Trip Over That Mountain". LOL!!! And then we watched the one where they get married, and the one where they get married again, another one where Rob witnessed a runaway witness to a robbery, and one where Laura takes down an annoying guy in a bar with Judo after he punched Rob in the nose.
Sadly, netflix isn't going to let anyone watch them online starting in October. I suppose we'll just have to invest in them.

In the mail today, I received an advertisement for a play about Nixon in Owensboro, Kentucky, at the RiverPark. I can't really think about that place without a very fond memory or two :)

Jp

No comments: