Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven Years Ago

When I first heard about planes crashing into things in New York, it was over the radio. I was a brand new senior in high school, doing my morning job at General Dynamics, downstairs in the yellow book room. I didn't think much of it when I first heard it because I didn't understand the scale of what had happened. I just went along with my work, which was re-labeling hardware drawings, until I left for band at Juanita High School. Mr. G had the TV on in the classroom and we really didn't do anything else that day but watch it. It was then that I understood how terrible this was. One of the other horn players asked if I knew anybody in New York, but I didn't. I then came home and watched some more news with the family. We were all pretty much in shock.

J

No comments: