Monday, January 13, 2014

A Few Fun Things

Recently I discovered a new mystery series from Netflix... Maigret (1992), based on novels written from the '30s to the '70s... which I had never heard of until now. Enjoyed it much, and I will have the second disc coming tomorrow.

Otherwise, I had a get together with a few of my friends from work to go shoot archery at the local range in Hampton. First there was breakfast at my place, then we carpooled and hung out for a while since the range was very busy. It was my friends first time shooting, so I tried to teach them as well as I could. And one of them took a nice pic of me shooting... I'd never seen my stance before, so that was pretty neat!

Sunday afternoon, after a wonderfully relaxing morning that included scrambled eggs with cheese and guacamole, and later on a couple laps around my neighborhood on the bike, I drove over to the Cinemark theater in Chesapeake for a showing of The Princess Bride on the big screen. How fun that was! A few officers from the ship (that I had mentioned it to) came as well. I had a scoop of ice cream along with a bucket of popcorn for refreshments. :)

Went to church two weeks in a row! Now, that's a record! Managed to see Kristin and Dan again... and made plans for next weekend with them.

Jw

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.