Thursday, October 18, 2012

Movie Mania!

As for the rest of today, after the hotel, I got a taxi to the Post Office where I successfully sent most of my extra stuff to my housing office before we move back onto the ship soon. The taxi waited the couple minutes for me and then drove me back to Town Center where I had Chipotle for lunch and Panera Bread soup for dinner... and all the while utilizing their spacious and comfortable dining area to watch a few movies.

Unbelievably, the first two movies were great bookends to each other, by accident. A few weeks ago I bought a Steven Seagal double feature for $5... and today I watched the first... Under Siege (1992). But the second was Here Comes the Navy (1934). I didn't know it, but Siege was about the USS Missouri being hijacked in route to being decommissioned. The Jimmy Cagney film was about a Sailor trying to get even with a Chief on the USS Arizona (filmed seven years before Pearl Harbor). Both films showed lots of footage of the internal workings of the battle wagons... including firing the 16-inch guns from inside the turret. What a coincidence, since I had never seen either movie before today, and I had no idea what either was about. Now, those two ships lie next to each other in honored rest.


Because I had more time, I also watched The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)... which has no special significance at all (beyond the fact that it was made the same year I took that picture). But it was fun! What a day.

Jw

No comments: