Friday, June 1, 2012

This Week...

It has been wild. I went to the library on Tuesday afternoon, as soon as I could, to tell them about my orders. Told Aida and Christine, then I helped them with their new big project: transferring brand new audio books into cases and getting them set up in the system. I did the same thing again on Wednesday, and they left a cart for me. I only did 7 on Tuesday... getting used to it and what not... but I was able to do a dozen on Wednesday in the same amount of time (2.5 hours):










Thursday was the day I started checking out, so I walked all over the place while I got my car ready for the big upcoming trip. I will miss some things about San Diego... it is so pretty here:












For dinner I ate all the red and Yukon potatoes I had in the fridge, as well as the half-pound of snow crab and shrimp I found at Vons earlier in the week. It all tasted very good with the light olive oil I have... and it made for a wonderful leftover lunch on Friday as well!












Friday evening, I watched a couple of the Donald Duck cartoons my Darling sent home with me (I especially liked the short Sea Scouts), and then My Week With Marilyn (2012) from the Redbox on base. It was incredibly fitting, since in the notes after the film they mention that her next film after the one detailed in this one was Some Like It Hot, which I just saw a couple weeks ago. I had it on recommendation from my mom, and I did enjoy it. A little unusual slice-of-life story about an unlikely friendship. Very entertaining.

Jw

No comments: