Monday, December 19, 2011

The Weekend Before Michael Came

I was so glad to see my family! They pulled up just as I arrived in baggage claim. Just took a minute for my bag to appear, and we were on our way home. Puppy came downstairs to greet me, and then he wanted to go outside. :) I went to bed so fast... but first I looked at all the pretty lights in the living room with Mom. It was super late... didn't fall asleep until 2:30 am or so... I had to call my Darling first. :)

Don't remember when I woke up Saturday, but I'm sure it was healthy late. I spent most of the day as a lazy bum. I'm sure I played games with Meg and Dad, and took the dog on a walk... but besides that, it's a blur. Didn't even want to unpack. That night, Andie & Family came over to show us how they celebrate Hanuka at their house, starting this year.

Sunday I went to church at Woodin Valley Baptist with Mom and our renter (Andie's friend) Christina. It was a nice little service, and we sang a few Christmas hymns and talked with our previous neighbors the Boyers for a while. Back at home, family came over for dinner... Christina had made breaded chicken breast and eggplant, and it was great. That night we had WENNmas, and had another wonderful watch-through of the Christmas episode with a little bit of gift-giving.

It's so difficult to remember little days like this a couple weeks later... I know Dad and I helped Christina move a marble-top desk and easy chair from her previous place on Mercer Island back home. On the way, we stopped by Bellevue to see about getting a new driver's license for myself, but it was closed Mondays. After we got back I contented myself by putting lights on the Japanese Maple and the magnolia tree in the front yard. Mom and Dad had done everything else on and inside the house before I came.

Each night we did our regular advent traditions:

reading selections from the Bible that Mom picked out, typed out, and matched with a little cloth ornament to hang on the cloth tree she made, and then singing a song or two. Also watched a couple episodes of Monk each night, as Mom & Dad are still making their way through the series.

Oh, tomorrow morning! :)
Jw

No comments: