Friday, November 18, 2011

Yet Another Week, and a Crazy One

Crazy, because of Monday, mostly. Things were better by Tuesday, and we finished lectures on Wednesday and labs on Thursday. Today, we're going to take the written test.

Have continued to feel a little sick... sore throat, runny nose, and a headache from my tight bun yesterday. Most of the weirdness has been crazy dreams... people I love dying, being late, being chased, etc. Pretty wild.

I did a lot of shopping... stocked up from Target and Trader Joe's... now I can have bagels for breakfast, sweet peas for snacks, a few new entrees to try, and some more fruit! Last night I had Tuna Helper for the first time in ages! It was delicious! Finally used that little packet of tuna my first roommate left behind in our fridge on base! :) And I watched the first couple chapters of "Whales: an unforgettable journey" (1998, IMAX, narrated by Patrick Stewart - that I picked up at Half Price books for $3 while at home in August). Very fun! Learned a bunch about Right Whales; how fascinating!

Also, last night, I went to Point Loma Nazarene University for a concert band performance of one of my friends from the young adult group at Mission Village Fellowship. Aku is their principle percussionist, and I ran into her sister Selassie, and we sat together in the top of the balcony. Not only did they play the same arrangement of Jupiter that I played for my final concert with Mr. B, but they also played the theme from How the Grinch Stole Christmas (with a muted version playing on the screen)... which I'm seeing at the Old Globe this Saturday night! And there were the nicest, plumpest snickerdoodles, oatmeal cookies, cupcakes and hot spiced cider afterwords. :)

Mike and I finished Ecclesiastes on Tuesday... there were a couple times where we read more than one chapter (some of it can be a bit of a downer), but it was so good to go through! We started Song of Songs on Wednesday, and we're reading the parts respectively. Very fun!

And only 3 days of classes next week before I can see my family! Yay!

Jw

No comments: