Friday, June 17, 2011

Switchfoot!

After getting done early for two days in a row, I feel as if I've had two Fridays!

I was free right after lunch on Thursday, because of "Sports Day". I went right to the library, like usual, but I felt so tired I didn't even want to shelve (for the first time ever!). I found they have a wall of nautical themed books in the back as I sat down to read a book about "The Adventures of Herge" my Michael Farr. So I also flipped through a couple US Navy history books.

At 5pm I came back to base, had dinner at the galley... noodles with gravy and wonderfully flavored salmon! And then I watched "Amazing Grace" (Ioan Gruffudd, 2006) in my room. I love that guy! Especially loved the Horatio Hornblower series that he starred in!

But this afternoon, I went back to the library after duty was done and put in a good, solid 2 hours of volunteering. As I left, I got in contact with Ferry, picked him up on base and headed north to Del Mar for the San Diego county fair. The traffic was horrible, as expected. We listened to an entire Switchfoot album over the 20 miles or so. At the fair itself, we didn't do much but walk around. I had a grilled beef kabob on pita bread, along with a grilled & buttered corn-on-the-cob! Wow! The only thing missing is Mom's strawberry shortcake!

We had free stand-up "seating" at the concert, right in front of the stage! With a wonderful view. There were quite a bit of young folks all around us, and very boisterous. But that makes it even more fun to see them bobbing around and waving their hands during the concert. SF played for an hour-and-a-half, opening with a number from their newest album, and playing through many of their hits. They also introduced 3 songs from their not-yet-released album. A very fun night! It took 8 tracks of another album to get back on the freeway afterwords though. :)

Jp

No comments: