Monday, June 20, 2011

Sat & Sun

Saturday was great! Slept in til 0900 or so, ate snacks for breakfast, did my laundry, took a shower, did some posting... wanted to go take pictures on Point Loma at the Cabrillo Nat. Monument. So I got in my car, decided to park at the top of the hill and bike down the peninsula (around 3.5 miles, one way) with my camera. It was great fun! The road has gentle dips and rises in it that make it ideal for a good workout. Stopped every so often to take pictures, including once when I hiked up a little hill on the side of the road for a pic of the bay. Was able to look around the battery museum again, but when I was done there, it was time to head back to meet up with my friend from my brother division for dinner.

She and I wanted to go check out the local German restaurant Kaiserhoff together after I had found it last month. It was a grand time! This time I had stroganoff on the spatzel, cucumber salad, a wonderful dark beer in a cold mug, and apple strudel for dessert again. :) Very good! And very full! We talked about everything under the sun, mostly our families and things like that. We even kept talking as we came back to the barracks, and hung out in her room for a bit.

Sunday I checked out a new church, and ended up liking it quite a bit. Pretty small, friendly and encouraging. Especially loved the way they did communion. Turns out another first-timer sat down next to me. A woman about my age; so we were able to relate a little! Both of us decided to try it out from looking at various websites. Theirs was indeed the nicest one. Said what they believed, looked informal and intelligent. I do want to go back.

On the way back I stopped at the local farmer's market a couple blocks away from base. Got the nicest sun-dried tomato & basil hummus, a perfect avocado, and a juicy peach for lunch. Ate these in my room and then decided to volunteer at the library for a couple hours. Then I thought I'd go to Target and have dinner somewhere around there (there's lots of choices). Got myself a new pillow (the one they gave me was a bit stained), a t-shirt for the 4th, a floppy sun hat, and a couple dvd's for $5 each. Ended up at Noodles & Co. nearby for a bowl of spaghetti & meatballs. Back on base I rearranged some things in my room so it's neater and easier to find things.

Another fun little weekend. :)
Jp

No comments: