Friday, September 3, 2010

Spiders - 1, Jen - 0

Yesterday I spent a couple hours at the Everett Naval Station running and swimming and generally getting very tired... which is a great feeling. I remembered how I hate running, but not as badly when I don't have to go over the same ground six times (on a 1/4 mile track). After a dinner of leftovers back home, Mom and I relaxed and watched "Houseboat" 1958, with Cary Grant. Another fun romantic comedy; it's sort of like the Sound of Music, but without the Nazis.

Next morning I woke up wide awake a quarter after 4am after a bad dream where I kept running into spiders in the house. I had to screw up the courage to kill them, one by one. I think the total was eight or nine of them... anyway, spiders are one of my ridiculous fears. Makes no sense, but there you have it.

Never did fall back asleep. Read in Psalms, thought about lots of things, but never did relax enough. I heard Dad get up around six, so I got up to eat breakfast with him. Forgot Friday's are his Men's Bible Study/breakfast at Denny's day, but he invited me along anyway. It ended up being him and just one other friend. Small world... this is the guy who was recently widowed and has found a new wife through some church connections... and she's from Moore, OK (just north of Norman). So we talked about lots of things... :)

Not too long after getting back home Mom & Dad were going to take off for a weekend trip with my oldest sister's family. The Pup was going too, and he figured it out too soon, so I took him on a series of two long walks to get him relaxed enough... LOL

Once they were gone, I was alone for the first time in a *long* time. I hardly knew what to do with myself. Did a bit of laundry, then a couple tasks at the grocery store, then took myself out to lunch. And it was here that I figured out my problem. The ice water gave me shooting pains up and down the left side of my face. Two of my teeth had somehow become hyper-sensitive. The best I can guess is that I cracked them a little while I was worrying about killing spiders.

Back at home even luke-warm water gave me a similar pain. So we'll see how this goes. I've never had anything like this before, and I just happen to be between insurance policies at the moment.

My big event for the day was a trip up to ride my horse in Carnation. I was surprised to see Meg's car there when I arrived! Her and Jason just happened to be visiting at the same time. So we were able to take the horses out on the trail a bit. Roo was really a pain though. He'd just stop and then refuse to go on, or turn and refuse to turn back. Just my luck with horses :) It's because he hasn't been ridden in so long.

But we had a wonderful visit with our friends... and Meg and Jason went out to dinner with me afterwords and we had a good visit ourselves.

Jp

2 comments:

James said...

If nothing else, you will have at least one Dental Day" in Basic, where the Navy will fix it for you.

Linda said...

Go buy some Sensodyne toothpaste and see if it helps you until you can have it taken care of.