Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day Off, Day On

Monday was neat! I had planned to work out at the Everett Naval Station gym with another recruit right when it opened at 10:30. We both ended up being a little late, so it worked out perfect. My DEP card got me on base just fine (the gatekeeper asked what rate I was going for - but that's it) and I managed to go to the right parking lot even though I had never been there before. I figured it would be near the baseball fields I saw. And being "Active Duty", I got in for free. Very nice. Hannaford (the other recruit) and I did a mile and a half run (it's easier when you go with someone else and it's flat...) on a path on the waterfront on base. We then returned to the gym and did weights for an hour.

I went right home to a full house! Andrea, Nathan and co. were over and spent the day with us! I had some breakfast, washed the dishes, and played with the kids. We had a marvelous supper... grilled chicken and lots of fixings. And the sun broke through our massive, oppressive clouds that afternoon for the first time in days! I laid down on the deck in my sweatshirt and a blanket (there was a stiff breeze) and watched the little, white, wispy clouds parade by. A few birds darted around and an eagle circled for a while. I just wanted to drink in the sounds and the sights. Wind chimes rang, leaves rustled, and people mowed their lawns. After a while I even dozed off. When I woke up, it was time for strawberry shortcake. A beautiful day, indeed!

I kept myself pretty busy at work today, so the day flew by. That and I had to leave early for my doctor's appointment. I was a year overdue for tetanus, and I didn't want to have to worry about getting an extra shot at Boot. Besides, they cleaned out my ears as well.

After dinner by my request Mom cut my hair, so I am back to short hair; a little shorter than my Facebook profile even. And it's back to being cute and bouncy. :)

Jp

No comments: