Thursday, April 1, 2010

Load Off My Shoulders

I finally told my boss Wednesday in the late afternoon about my plans for leaving and joining the Navy. It's been wearing me down, not telling them. And today we had a meeting in the m0rning to break it to the rest of the group. People were guessing something was up. :) It was wonderful to tell them. I was glad, though, that I waited til my shipping date was set, and til everything was relatively quiet at work. I really love all five of the ladies I work with; they truly are good friends. We've promised to keep in touch after I go... writing letters and sending pictures. So nice!

For lunch today, right after our meeting, my boss Jeanne and I went and got some Thai food from one of our favorite places, and we sat around the table in QDC and talked more and more. I am so relieved :)

On Monday, we ended up watching "The Men" from Netflix. I had ordered it because it had Teresa Wright and sounded like a wonderful drama/love story, and it really was. Another good one about WWII paraplegics and how they cope. So good! It took surprising turns and ended well. What's funny is that we ended up watching another Teresa Wright film on Wednesday evening (not really on purpose either)! "Mrs. Miniver"... and everybody knows about that one, so I won't belabor you about how I loved it. :)

Today there was a district Navy meeting in Lynnwood at the recruiting center at the Alderwood Mall. Check out toady's Navy post to read about that.

Right after the meeting I had some dinner at the very convenient Panera Bread just steps away. Had the half & half Sierra Turkey and tomato soup... Mmm. I quickly went in one store as I was on my way back to the car... because most of the things in there looked like something Betty Roberts would buy. On my way home I decided to go to Fred's to use the gift card the ladies got me for my birthday. I found the prettiest Easter-colored top that was way on sale.

Now I am finally home and I am very tired. Just took Acetaminophen for an acute headache... I think it's time for bed!

Jp

No comments: