Monday, April 5, 2010

Just Havin' a Good Time

After my lazy Saturday morning, I went out to dinner with my parents and then went out to a wonderfully fun movie, "How To Train Your Dragon" with my friend, Chaya. Much of the appeal was based on the fact that the main dragon behaved much like a dog (much to our delight)... and the result was hysterical. Overall, it was a cute movie, had very good animation and even had a point: even if we are taught to hate or be frightened of someone growing up, we might be able to be friends if we would only get to know each other. :) We had a lovely evening together, and I didn't get home til 20 minutes before midnight.

Sunday I woke up early, went with my parents to church, and was amazed by the brilliant sunshine (even on Easter morning! ... it's usually dismal in the weather department, and by mid-day it had digressed into clouds and rain). Back at home, I played a few hymns on my French horn and had time to lie down for a bit before everyone started arriving. We had a very large group of people over for a big lunch: fourteen, in fact. It was my Aunt Penny's birthday the day before, and some of our relatives were visiting from Eastern Washington. There were lots of chairs to be procured, but in the end we made it work. For a relaxing evening movie (after all our guests had departed) we watched "The Major and the Minor" (1942, Ginger Rodgers), and I found it just as funny as it sounded. What a darling little movie!

Oh, I recently found out that the Old Time Radio association is having another convention in the end of June, like they had last year. Except along with Gloria McMillan, they're also having Leonard Smith, who played alongside her in Our Miss Brooks. Should be a good time, as the two of them, with some others will re-create an episode.

I've spent a lot of time at work today talking with people about the Navy. Word is spreading around and people are stopping by to talk. I feel like a bit of a celebrity for a bit here. :)

Time for sleep.
Jp

No comments: