Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting Along

Why is it so hard at times just to live with family?

Last night I had a melt down because of various factors (one of which was that I had not cried in a long time), but a lot of it entailed people not getting along over money and wedding plans. I'm frustrated because they're such frivolous things. I wish money wasn't so important and I wish ideas about "the way it has to be" about the wedding weren't so important either. Goodness! A wedding lasts only a few hours! Is it really worth it to deliberate for months about the little things? Will it be worthwhile in the end? Will we look back on all the misunderstanding, miscommunication, arrogance and hurt feelings and say, "Well, thank God we saved $100!" or "Thank God we had chicken at the reception!".

I am partially sorry if any of my family reads this because I know that details actually have to be worked out. But my expectation is that we, as Christians, should do it a little better than we are. I am praying that the Lord will help us communicate clearly and have compassion. What is the point of claiming to be Christian if we don't act with love when it is hard? I know we're not perfect, but being generous on all sides and having a simple, nice wedding is not rocket science, nor does it cost too much.

Thank the Lord there is sleep, that helps soothe my mind and calm my spirit. Everything will be alright if we put our hope in the Lord.

Jp

No comments: