Sunday, April 18, 2010

Best of Sundays

I actually did the important things that I set out to do today; and I feel rested!

On Saturday, yesterday, after a big, lovely breakfast with the family, I'm pretty sure I spent some time on Facebook, or something, but then I sat down to read the Nancy Drew novel that had been made into a movie and that I had watched within the last couple weeks. And as I had been warned, the movie only resembled the book in so far that the names were mostly the same and that the same crime had been committed and that there were pigeons. Otherwise, it was rather different... and less silly. Very fun.

For lunch, Mom and I went to the Olive Garden for soup and salad and an order of toasty, cheesy flatbread to share. It was so good! We enjoyed our little treat very much. When we got back, I finished Nancy and took the dog outside.

I went out and took lots of pictures of the lilacs and whatever else, including the two very large mushrooms we have growing. While sitting under one of the fir trees while the rain was pouring for a moment I did my daily sets of push-ups, and I do feel much stronger. But my camera was hard to hold up still afterwords. :)

We also watched the first half of "Gandhi" during chat. I'm afraid I was rather distracted by it, it was so well done. Tonight we finished the last half, and I'm glad we had a break between it. It's very heavy and rather lengthy; but awesome! I enjoyed it very much.

The first thing I did today was sit outside on the front steps with Spiffy to bask in the beautiful sunshine for a moment and listen to the bird's calls. So refreshingly cool and sunny... absolutely perfect weather. I could still wear my sweatshirt, but I didn't really need it. It was right on the edge.

The thing I wanted to get done that I did do was organize my latest couple hundred and back up all 30,000 photos I have stored on my laptop. Yes, that's the actual number I've saved since 2005. LOL!!! It only took up 56 GB. So along with being stored on my main laptop, they're backed up on two different external hard drives now. One I purchased for using during my photo class and the other to store episodes of a show that my brother had downloaded in Yuma. And now I feel like I've done enough to protect my life's hobby.

Lunch was rather late today. But my sister's family came over like usual, just back from their excursion to Disneyland. The kids were acting very well for being so busy and overloaded with fun for a whole week! :)

The dog was very much animated from the baby bunnies that my sister brought over (they do a little breeding) (oh, gosh! how cute they are!), so I took Spiffy on a walk. And that was exciting for him as well because I decided to walk on the opposite side of the street that is usual, so there were all new smells. :)

And I remembered to go to church like I wanted! And it turned out that today was the first in a new series on "The True Church", a study in 1 Corinthians. He laid out all the basics (6 points) of what a true church is from just the first three verses (Paul's greeting). I am always amazed at how much doctrine the Apostles put into their salutations. :) I love it.

He talked about who the church belongs to, a detailed description about sanctification, how Christ-followers are to be holy, how the whole truth of the Bible is universal to all true churches, how Christ must be centrally important, and how true Christians have peace because of God's grace. Whew! It was so good! That last point was to me the most powerful. He quoted a proverb: "A heart at peace gives life to the body." and a note from Psalm 85: "Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other."

Oh, what a beautiful day!
Jp

No comments: