Friday, April 9, 2010

As I Pause For a Moment

I thought I'd take a minute and write something.

After work on Thursday I went directly to Jazzercise for an hour. It might have been the day before when I clunked my knee rather hard on my solid, 1950's aluminum desk at work, turning around to talk to my boss. After Jazzercise my knees were pretty tender (as usually happens, because of the kinds of dancing that we do) but this time, accentuated, because of the prior tenderness.

I got home from working out and found that Mom went to the hospital to get her eye looked at (there was something in it and it came out alright!) and so I had dinner with Meg, played Phase 10 and then stayed up til about 9 doing all the dishes. It felt great to sit down for a bit (finally) so I read the book of Galatians (it's right after 2nd Cor.) and then Mom and Dad returned right after I finished. I was glad they were back okay, but I went straight to bed.

My plan was to get up early so I could leave work early and make it to a Navy workout for the first time ever. My recruiter had mentioned the last time that he wanted me to come to one soon. And I needed my 2nd monthly meeting anyway, so I got up at 6:15 and got to work earlier than I usually do in the week. I kept myself very busy by taking care of some of my coworker's pile of review (she was out today) and the time slipped away so that I left a bit after I wanted to. I was only about 5 minutes late to the workout... wow, it was hard! I felt like I was back in college... Softball workouts... ROTC PT at 6am... uugggg! Except this time I'm not just playing a sport or playing like I was in the military... I am doing it for real!

Got back home and fixed some tacos for lunch and ate with Mom. She had just returned from shopping. I went outside and took pictures (the dog had to go out... so I thought I'd enjoy the sun too) came in, took a shower, and then finally sat down just long enough to ice my poor knee for a half-hour. Then it was up again as I was meeting a coworker in Bellevue for a drink... it was a goodbye for the copy center lady at work who had just quit. She had invited a bunch of different people, but I was the only one from work that came. I met her cousin and his boyfriend, and a couple others. It was a little awkward for me as the two held hands as they sat at the table... I don't like it when anyone does that... it's a little too much PDA; especially when eating. But I did have a nice time; everyone was fun to meet and it was good to say goodbye to my friend.

Tonight we watched "Belles on Their Toes" (1952, Myrna Loy) from Netflix, and I enjoyed it very much. Myrna is always fun to watch and the story is very cute. I have read "Cheaper By the Dozen", but I ought to give this one a whirl as well.

I'm ready to sleep, I think!

Jp

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh, do get the book of Belles! They took a lot of situations from the book, but there are more funny events, like the boys getting to meet Herbert Hoover, and more of Anne's courtship. Also, hope it's not too disappointing for you, but they completely made up the little "romance" for Mrs. Gilbreth in the movie. Nothing like that happens in the book.