Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Cleaning!

Woke up today at a quarter to 7 with a bit of a sore throat (I could feel stuff dripping down) and so I propped myself up and slept for another 2 hours. This time when I woke the feeling was gone! Gee, I wished that worked every time!

Had a leisurely breakfast of scrambled eggs with potatoes, mushrooms, onions and cheese mixed in... and then a game of Phase 10 with Meg and Jason, and I was soundly beaten. They had to go to a family thing at Jason's house, so I went to the park with my basketball. I swung on the swing until the people who were there were done and then shot a few hoops myself.

It really felt retro-Jr. High this weekend! Last night I accompanied the fun couple to their semi-monthly "egg curry" gatherings with Jason's bio-engineering friends from school. The egg curry was a little hot for my likings, but it was fun to try. What I really loved though was the Foosball table they had. I played with everyone I could... and mostly won. :) I used to play all the time in Jr. High. I also used to shoot hoops all the time at the park... so it was fun! Meg and I used to play variances of the game "Pig" or "Horse". Instead of having to get those letters for missing shots, we'd play "Pig" but instead spell out "Scott". "Spy" turned into "Victor", "Star" turned into "Hilary" (with one L), "Sweetie" turned into "Betty", somehow "Horse" meant "Mackie"... (don't ask; I don't know), "Phone" turned into "Gertie", "Organ" turned into "Eugenia"... there were others. It was so Jr. High. :)

Whew... that was longer than I intended it to be.

When I got home I thought I would clean my room, so I vacuumed my floor, and then I thought I'd vacuum the hall, and then the stairs, and then the living room, and then the kitchen, and then I cleaned the kitchen up a bit... and it was great because we had the doors open and there was a very nice cool breeze coming in. It was very like spring with the sunshine and birds... ahh.

The fun couple soon returned, and after I had a bite to eat we headed off to Juanita Bay Park to scout out for the pictures we want to take for the wedding. We found some nice spots and saw a couple bald eagles as well! We noticed them because they were screeching, way up in the tree.

Tonight we watched the next Horatio Hornblower and I had forgotten how good it was. Right now it's some pizza with the family.

Jp

No comments: