Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Decade!

Welcome to 2010 everyone! ...the year of big changes.

Everything has been pretty steady for me since graduating in 2006. Everything but Zac moving out and my getting a best friend last year. But this year, there promises to be many changes for especially my sister and I and our parents.

To prepare to greet the new year yesterday (after I had done enough lazing around in the morning) I did some clean up in my room and did a little laundry, washing my bed and doing a load of towels for Mom. At 5 o'clock I went to my friend Becky's house in Bellevue and chatted and had a wonderful dinner with her and our friends (most of the same group from Sunday night). Then a couple hours later, the family was going over to my soon-to-be brother-in-law's house for snacks and hanging out. I was going to go home and get on chat, but my sister lent me her laptop and I got on about a quarter to 9. The rest of the party soon broke away to play games of UNO and Hearts and Yahtzee, but they didn't mind me talking to my friends. :)

At Midnight, they turned on the Space Needle show. This year they played classic music to accompany it! Including one of the dances from the Nutcracker and a new version of 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'. It was also the first New Year that somebody hugged me as it changed over :) We all clinked fake wine glasses, most people having either white or red Welches grape juice, but me having orange juice. And as it turns out, I felt a sore throat coming on.

It actually made me wake up a couple times last night, as I truly have a sore throat now. I didn't wake up for good til a bit after 11 am (which is a good sleep-in by my standards), and there's been a little drippy stuff in my throat all day, but not too bad.

After two eggs scrambled for breakfast, I went out shopping to Michael's and Fred Meyer's to get a few things... a frame, a new model to work on (I got an SR-71 Blackbird, scale 1/48 for half price with a coupon! I've always wanted to do that one...) at Michael's, and a thumb drive and some new tops at Fred's.

Upon returning, I played and beat Dad at Backgammon and had some freezer pizza with the family as we watched the final Thin Man movie and the movie after it, "Libeled Lady", with the same fun couple starring in it. So much fun! I always dread the dirge of dramas where the hero wins the lady's heart, and then his scheme runs a muck, and then they patch everything up in the end... Myrna Loy kept her head throughout the film and made it gloriously fun.

And I'm off to have my seventh cup of orange juice... Try some doctor? What? You've had a sore throat all week? It's the perfect remedy... I hear. :)

Jp

No comments: