Sunday, January 10, 2010

God of Our Yesterdays

When we were in the darkest night
And wondered if our eyes would ever see the light
You were there, Lord
When we were in the stormy gale
And wondered if we'd ever live in peace again
You were there, Lord, in the struggle, in the fight
You were there all the time

We praise You - the God of our yesterdays
We praise You - the God who is here today
We praise You - our God as tomorrow comes

So whatever lies ahead
Whatever roads our grateful hearts will come to tread
You'll be there, Lord
We will fix our eyes on You
And know that there is grace enough to see us through
You'll be there, Lord, in the struggle, in the fight
You'll be there all the time

We praise You - the God of our yesterdays
We praise You - the God who is here today
We praise You - our God as tomorrow comes
We thank you - for grace in our yesterdays
We thank you - for peace in our hearts
We thank you - for joy, as tomorrow comes
We will trust you, God

You're always closer than we know
Always more involved and in control
We will trust our lives to You -
The One who was and is and is to come

--------------------------------------------

We sang this in church today... I thought it was swell!

Yesterday, we took down our lights and Christmas tree... and I missed my window lights today! After all that though, I took a good long nap, woke up when everyone was gone, took myself out to dinner with a Christmas gift card to Outback (and switched between reading Mere Christianity and watching the Cowboys/Eagles game, since I was sitting at the bar) and had the pasta and chicken, except this time with a lobster sauce added... yum! During chat I watched "36 Hours"... twice. LOL (the family came home at the end the first time through...)

Today I obviously went to church :) It was a new series going through Malachi... and he was talking about how pastors ought to act. It was harder for him to preach than for us to listen to. He did say that for those people who have been turned off from Christianity by a bad pastor should realize that God hates their behavior too, and that he has promised to take care of it... and to not use that as an excuse to reject God... interesting thought, since so many people have been turned off that way.

After lunch with the family today, and after hanging out a bit, I went for a 10 mile bike ride on the Sammamish River Trail. Took me about 50 minutes... Upon returning home, my sister and her family soon took off and we stuck in "War of the Worlds" (1953) for my first time through it. My gosh! They do look like street lights! My eldest sister thought this when she was terrified by it when she was five... precisely my niece's age now... :) I loved it! It was very entertaining... unlike the *tiny* bits I've seen of the new one.

Okay... it's another week now.

Jp

No comments: