Thursday, November 19, 2009

And Where Do I Begin?

Gee, sometimes it gets hard to remember...

I was still sort of recovering from last week's crazy schedule: working non-stop though lunch most every day (under pressure) combined with 3 really early mornings for Jazzercise. I haven't gone to Jazzercise yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll make it tomorrow. Fridays are always better for it! Time to go home, freshen up & eat food before starting work.

I did manage to work on push-ups a little though. I did quite a few on Monday. The next couple days were quite a bit harder with the soreness.

Tuesday night was my last Bible class. I was able to friend the pastor on Facebook, and I am looking forward to another class starting in January. It will be on Christian philosophy, as far as he's said so far. We basically ran out of time to talk about all of the rest of the books, so we briefly mentioned the 2 books of Timothy and Titus, and then discussed Hebrews, Jude and Revelation. I did learn new things during these classes, but the best part for me was talking about main ideas and main doctrines and keeping these fresh in my mind.

Wednesday at work was the "Employee Appreciation Lunch"... with turkey, ham, rolls, stuffing, gravy & mashed potatoes. They call it that so they can get some benefit from the government that they couldn't if they called it what it is: a Thanksgiving treat. Employees are supposed to provide drinks, sides and desserts. It was a massive amount of food, but I did rather well not over-doing it. I only had a few small plates :)

Finally relaxing in the evening, after a bit of leftovers for dinner, we watched our next installment of Reilly, Ace of Spies. Oh, now I remember what I was doing between times... I finally brought my saddle and reins in from my car... left there from Saturday... eek... and I began to clean them up a little. In the couple years I've had them, I've never wiped them down. Okay... that was me being excited at remembering what I did last night. :)

Today at work, the quality engineer for my set of books almost made me mad. He had to annotate a few of the pages from my books and didn't flag them at first. Instead of re-scanning... how many would that be?... um... thirteen-hundred pages, I had him kick them up and I ended up rescanning about 60. It did take a moment to find the pages and replace them, but I'd take that any day over re-doing the whole kit. Yikes.

A bit of fun news though: I got my new MP3 player in the mail yesterday and loaded a few things on it. My goodness! What an improvement of sound and usability! It's literally a quarter of the size of my old one, and can lightly clip to my shirt without really being noticed. And I heard nuances from songs I've heard a thousand times, that I've never heard before! Neat-o!

Tonight, since Mom&Dad were busy, I went and got egg rolls at our favorite Teriyaki for dinner. When I got home, I was surprised by a package in the mail from Mike already! Wow, that was fast! And thank you very much! It all looks very fun! I'm especially looking forward to seeing those Thin Man movies. :) Right now, I'm laboriously copying over the New Testament CD's onto my computer. These commercial audio books always drive me nuts! They're always automatically named either incorrectly or inconveniently. Good thing it will be worth it in the end. :)

Okay... gotta go. The doggie is nosy-ing my arm.

Jp

No comments: