Sunday, June 7, 2009

Let's Try This Again...

Whew! Yesterday was wild! But the evening was just fabulous! My friend and her parents picked me up right as I finished my last hurried post. We went to a little Thai restaurant, not far from the theater we were scheduled to visit. I tried out Jan's favorite, a noodle dish with chicken and ground peanuts... yum! that sauce! Anyway, it was excellent. We mostly talked about photography: my class and Jan's father, who had done his own darkroom printing when she was growing up. I haven't hung out with them for so long! It was like old times again!

And Pixar's 'Up' was just great! (I'm sorry my language is so 'descriptive' :) It was like nothing else I've seen in a long time; you just don't expect serious drama from a CG cartoon. There was the comedy of childhood in the beginning (with a little bit of 1930's nostalgia mixed in)... and the quick telling of a life... a little dose of sadness... the promise of continuing adventure... and talking dogs. No, seriously, it was well done! I promise! ...Squirrel! LOL! You'll just have to see it for yourself. I'm not into being a spoiler. The thing I loved the most about it was how well they dealt and dwelt on the topic of old age with such care.

But as for today, a lot of it was similar to yesterday, as it was day 2 of 2 for my sister's horse show. I sure was wiped out though... big surprise! :) Lots of little horses... ahhhh! No more! Good thing I like horses! And it was nice to spend the entire day with my sister and help her out.

When we got home around 4:30, the family was still over, so I got to play with my niece and nephew in my room. There's a lot of, "Wow! Look! Ya Eagle!" among others... :) Today they discovered my army bugle, and had a blast... thankfully, not literally. They really just stuck the mouthpiece IN the mouth and blew hot air. LOL

Sigh. Another week. (oooh! but it'll be short! we fly to Southern California on Wednesday night!)

Jp

Ooh! 100 points on this post. Let's just say the O and the A in nostalgia weren't in their proper places. Hopefully, by admitting this, I'll remember the right way! Come to think of it, that's a lot of points for one little mistake... (rethinks the rules).

No comments: