Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day of Rest

Today was good. I woke up with an alarm to go to church, but I took too much time washing my hair and finding out I got my period to go... so I happened upon my sister listening to a previous sermon that has been podcast (all of them are) and I listened as well. Didn't do much today, but I did end up getting many of the pictures for my shooting assignment this week. I'm supposed to come to class on Tuesday with 24 pictures of a color I was assigned: orange. I was surprised how many colors of that I could find in the house... crayons, pencils and oranges are obvious, but what about my ceramic clownfish? or my stuffed crab? or the ten or so paperbacks with orange bindings? It was a fun assignment.

But something did happen a little later after a pizza lunch with the family. Becky came over and we played a lot of good Skip-Bo and then watched four episodes of Remember WENN... Hilary's Agent through Pratfall... As we both had some scholastic endeavors to pursue, she went home and I bought my camera on Amazon and then read in my textbook. Then with the conclusion of the Pittsburgh Steeler's victory, we put in our movie from Netflix and watched "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?". Loved it! It even generated a meaningful and interesting conversation afterwards between my sister, my parents and myself. I like it when we have good conversations.

My brother just came up here a second ago and I showed him the book I found at B&N yesterday at the University Village when I was waiting for people to show up for lunch at World Wraps... a competent illustrated history of the U. S. Marine Corps. It was rather inexpensive for it's 1 & 1/2 inch binding and square foot dimensions. Very colorful and informative to say the least! So I lent it to my brother and he was pleased.

Another week...
Jp

No comments: