Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Monday...Tuesday...Whatday?

Well, it's been fun taking care of the beagle, Sammy, except for last night when she woke me up 3 times to go potty and to get up on the bed..., and Muffin the cat. They're pretty low maintenance, but I hope I'm not freaking them out too bad by staying up late...

Sunday night, I was too tired to do any of the work on my computer that I planned to do, so I just turned on the TV instead. Lazy bum. Oh, well. So in addition to seeing the last two minutes of King Kong (which were, as Hilary says, the only important reels to see), and a minute of Hellboy (just because I was a little curious - hey, it looked like it was ending too - but then it kept going on... so I flipped the channel) I stumbled on a brand new episode of 'Foyle's War' on PBS. It's a detective show about espionage in England during World War II. What luck! I love stories about espionage and England and World War II! Especially when they are in conjunction with each other... lol... so I looked it up online yesterday, and found out that it was the premiere episode of the fifth part of a series! There are new episodes on the next two Sundays! Needless to say, I have disc 1 coming now on Netflix.

Most of Monday was spent wishing it was Friday. I was totally not focused at work, mostly because I'm stuck with the small, stupid jobs, like getting picky data errors fixed and processing Usage Change Requests... Oh, those are boatloads of fun. I went home for dinner after work, instead of going directly to Bellevue, because I live only 10 minutes/ 3 miles from work. After a lovely dinner prepared by mom, I left for Bellevue. Along the way, I tried to stop in at a coin shop to pick up a couple coin-holder sheets for the awesome coins my sister Meggan brought me from Africa, specifically Lesotho and South Africa. But, they were closed. I then stopped at the Half Price Bookstore that is conveniently located right next to where I'm house-sitting. I had a coupon for 40% off a single item, a couple bucks left over from a gift card and a book to sell. I walked out of there with the two C.S. Lewis books I was missing and the movie 'Drumline' for a total of $3.30. Love that store. I then tried to find a good frame at Michaels for a set of pictures I have, but the only two choices they had for what I wanted was around $30 or so... and it's not that important, so then I went to the house to practice... (getting pretty good on the 1st couple songs... ) and I turned on PBS again. I was pretty curious about 'History Detectives', so I checked it out. Both of the mysteries they investigated were about FDR, and pretty interesting. I enjoyed learning that Bob Sherwood wrote speeches for the president...

Anyway, time to move on with the day.
Until next time,
Jp

No comments: