Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Blast of a Fourth

Happy Birthday, USA; and thank you, Founding Fathers for 232 years.

What an awesome Independence Day, even though the pie crust was a pain in the neck. It was really crumbly, but Denise said that must be because of the humidity.
Anyway, it was a wonderful day because my good friend Becky came over for most of the day, and along with putting up with me griping about the stupid pie crust, watched MONK with me, and played games and talked! She also gave me a suggestion about the crust that made it sort of do-able. What an awesome friend!

So, people came over at 5, and then we ate a lot of tacos. Beef, beans, cheese, lettuce, sour creme, salsa, olives, tomatoes, onions... sigh of contentment... After a marathon game of Apples to Apples, in which I was described by 16 different adjectives, we ate apple pie and a patriotic colored fruit custard and watched an impressive show of fireworks from my front lawn. Many people in my neighborhood shoot off huge fireworks for about two hours straight. There were at least five different "shows" going on around us. We sat in chairs under the flag on my house and cheered for the big ones. And I did see a little heliotrope.

Until Next Time,
Jp

No comments: