Friday, November 21, 2014

I'm Back!

Well now, not sure how well I can jump back into blogging, but I'll give it a go.

I've been away for the last nine months due to my ship's deployment to the Middle East. It was a serious growing experience for me, being stuck with the same group of people for the whole time... and was good and bad.

I suppose what I have to say about it I'll say on my Navy Blog and keep to tradition and try and keep these two separate. Don' t know if I had much success at that in the past, even. But whateves!

As to being a normal person again, the first day and a half back I stayed with my dear friends Kristin and Dan in Chesapeake... they treated me royally. Went out to a great little Mexican restaurant called Burrito Perdito, then crashed at their house. Got my phone service restored later on at a store because they had "recycled" my number even though I told them to keep it. But it turned out for the best I guess... I don't have a contract now, and I got a cheaper plan too.

Next day Dan took me for a ride on his Harley Davidson around the country back-roads... I had never been on a motorcycle before... it was SO MUCH FUN! It was like flying on the ground, and Dan said I behaved just like Kristin does when I spread my arms out while we roared along.

That afternoon I got on a plane that flew me to Dallas just in time to catch the next plane with my husband to Seattle. Our reunion consisted of a brief hug and kiss, then not long to wait in a dwindling line to board the plane... then some cuddling, I admit, before I fell fast asleep for a good portion of the journey. Poor Michael had to deal with lots of snow in Norman to get on his plane.

It was absolutely heaven to see my family again.

Jw