Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Perfect Day Trip

After a late breakfast on Monday, that I interrupted with the film Joyuex Noel, I set off on my adventure on the peninsula. First I dropped by Home Depot for paint and spackle... Little project of mine. Got gas since I was at half full, then stopped by Cinema Cafe for a ticket to their Super Bowl all you can eat. Stopped at Target after that for some usual things, then continued down Mercury Blvd to Wilcox Archery to shoot a few rounds.

From there I went north (west) on I-64 to VA-17 to explore Gloucester across the bridge from Yorktown. On my way back, just before the bridge, I stopped at Nick's Steakhouse for some succulent surf and turf (along with yummy bread, chicken & rice soup, and a baked potato w/sour cream).


Once back across, I detoured off the highway to drive along the edge of the York River on the Colonial Parkway, just as the sun was disappearing ahead of me. The river was perfectly still and reflected that lovely dusky blue of the evening sky. There was just enough orange from the sunset to make it glow and make me sigh with the sight of it. The outlines of the bare winter hardwoods towered above each side of me as I drove along, making me wish I could linger and drink it all in until the light completely disappeared.


I ended up in Williamsburg, just as I planned. Found a good parking spot, then walked around a little, searching for some home-made apple pie. I despaired when I checked with the second restaurant... but the guy at that place recommended another... and I easily found that... Aromas... with a symbol of a pie on their sign. It made me so happy!

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.