Sunday, October 27, 2013

And I Ended Up Staying At Home

 A Beautiful Day at the Laudromat, Yesterday
(Although the Weather was About the Same Today)

Had a couple thoughts yesterday about driving up the peninsula, or going to a Cinema Cafe movie... but today all I did was make some awesome omelets for breakfast, bake banana bread for lunch, hang a few pictures upstairs (the ones I put into frames last night)... and suddenly I got the urge to clean up the front porch/entryway. Yesterday I painted the mail slot cover white... and I wanted to continue with touching up the trim around the door. But first I decided I'd clean it all up... including the vinyl siding that looked like it had never been cleaned before (ever). Three buckets of soapy water (and three sponges) later, everything looked brand new. So I got out the paint again and took care of all the trimmings. Then I decided to paint the concrete just below the doors since it was all cracked and discolored. This is something I wanted to fix the first day I saw the place... but I guess never got around to until now.

Church this evening was great! Continued their series leading up to Christmas of events that point to Jesus in the Old Testament. Today the topic was sacrifices... blood sacrifices (life is in the blood... without the shedding of it there is no forgiveness of sin), praise sacrifices, and finally, living sacrifices (and a lot about being able to approach God). Something I hadn't thought about before: the pastor mentioned that without Christ we wouldn't be able to approach God because we (in our sin) would be obliterated (as light obliterates darkness). What a thought!

For the rest of the evening, I am going to have a seafood dinner at home (crab and shrimp), and I'm going to watch To Sir with Love because my Darling made me think of it. :)

Jw

No comments: