Saturday, May 11, 2013

Time Off

Not much time at home this week... at least to speak of.

When I was home, I managed to do some things around the house that I've never gotten around to since I moved in. First it was the pantry/closet by the dining/living rooms. I had half-arranged things when I unpacked them, but ever since then I've dreaded going through it and straightening it out. Somehow, I got the bug to take care of it, and I did. Gathered a few things to donate, and otherwise I feel much better about the arrangement.

The next day, I did something else I'd been avoiding... going through all my clothes, trying on all my pants, and getting everything organized. One thing was very silly: I hadn't even unwrapped a half-dozen tops from my move from San Diego, just under a year ago. Overall, I feel much more put-together than I have in years.

The day after that I had duty, so it didn't matter how late I got out. I was stuck on the ship until Friday afternoon. When we were let go, I did make it home to change and eat a snack before heading out to my friend Kristin's house in Chesapeake to house and dog sit for her and her husband. They have a boxer named Rudy and a miniture shnauzer named Scarlet, and both very well behaved. I've got them for the whole weekend. I spent most of my time watching movies... Picked up a couple films at the rental store near home... Argo, the Best Picture winner, and Arn: the Knight Templer. This last was a Swedish TV mini-series from 2008... and I fell in love with it so fast that I watched four of the six, one-hour episodes, on Friday alone. Today I finished the other two, bought the first book of the series, and bought the bluray online for a gift for someone who never reads this blog. :)

Other than that and Argo, which I also enjoyed, I also watched Dave and Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera for the first time straight through. I well remember many of the song scenes from a music video my grandparents showed us on a few different occasions. It was nice to finally tie it all together. Goodness, Raul needed a major haircut! And to accent that distinct music, the major lightning storm out the back window provided quite the background.

A perfect way to relax and unwind between two very stressful weeks.

Was able to call and chat with my parents and my grandparents as well, which is always nice.

Jw

No comments: