Monday, May 27, 2013

Another Week Gone By

Nothing too out of the ordinary to report. The five toy soldiers I ordered came in the mail safe and sound. And I watched a few more movies from the rental store... A short documentary-type film about Joan of Arc, and The Other Boylyn Girl. This was Monday, because after I finished watching, I got on Facebook and discovered my husband missed death or disaster by a mere nine miles. An F-5 tornado ripped through Moore, next door to the classic theater we both love going to. Duty was Tuesday, then on Wednesday and Thursday, spent mainly unwrapping the knights and going to Ocean View for dinner. One night there was a live big band concert in the park on the water and I stopped by for a listen.

Friday evening I went out to Outback Steakhouse for a fantastic dinner. I had tried to give blood on base, and my iron level was just barely enough to give. The doctor couldn't find a big enough vein though, so I was turned away. The steak I had was delicious, so the day ended pretty well.

Saturday was my friend's Memorial Day party at their home in Chesapeake. Got to meet a bunch of their friends and neighbors (some for the second time) and enjoyed the burgers and sides that everyone brought. Left in the evening and went straight downtown to catch a viewing of Star Trek Into Darkness. This I enjoyed quite a bit, although I'm not a fan.

Sunday I went to Hampton for look around and to get out in the sun. Explored the beach, had a fantastic lunch at a local Italian restaurant (and got to watch a softball Super Regionals game on ESPN on their TV). Then I returned to Fort Monroe to look around. It was a beautiful day outside, so I walked around on top of the fortifications before heading through the Casemate Museum. I finished listening to Huckleberry Finn in the parking lot! When I got home, I watched a movie, and managed to vacuum and do the dishes, then did my laundry in Ocean View.

Jw

No comments: