Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What to Do

These last couple days I've been feeling sort of at a loss, especially Monday and Tuesday. Sunday was grand, because after seeing Mozart's Clarinet Concerto and Requiem at the symphony in Virginia Beach, I met my friend Lauren at church, then took her out to Italian for dinner, and watched Follow the Fleet at home (because she knew the song, but not the film). It was a fun, full day. But after "work" on Monday, suddenly I was alone and had tons of time on my hands. I tried out the 1967 musical Camelot from the library... but didn't care much for it. So I watched The Sign of Zorro instead. It was great fun to watch, as always, but then I still had lots of time.

So I got in the car and went to B&N in Hampton to find another Bible (I was very glad to be able to give my new one to Lauren). And along with the very same edition, I found a small soft-leather edition with the imprint of birds sitting on wires and Matthew 6:26... "Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" I thought, "This was made especially for me." And it was. I also stopped by Chipotle to bring home some guacamole, and Target (just to look around), and came home with some kitchen stuff I've been wanting and a thin and very comfortable set of plaid pajamas.

Tuesday I amused myself by watching The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer, then by making some chicken fettuccine Alfredo, cutting the grass again (it's fun with the push-mower), taking a walk over to our private little beachfront, returning and watching The Major and the Minor. Big news soon from home too... can't wait to hear!

We'll see about today.
Jw

No comments: