Thursday, September 29, 2011

Shopping and Things

This afternoon I did quite a bit. Bought a new digital uniform at the NEX, then volunteered at the library for a couple hours. Somehow the folks there thought I was almost leaving... but I soon put that idea out of their heads. So I was able to talk a lot about my wedding and honeymoon. This time I reshelved graphic novels, regular fiction and a cart of the 700s non-fiction.

From there, I went to In & Out, tried to find Switchfoot's new album at a few places, but only found a couple very interesting British magazines (a special of BBC History on WWII, and an international fleet review) at B&N, and a very nice pair of black gloves at Target. The guy there suggested I try Best Buy... and that did work out after I picked up a loaf of bread at the grocery nearby. Back on base I listened to the new CD "Vice Verses" straight through and enjoyed it very much. I also got a cheap copy of "The Beautiful Letdown" for a backup.

Yesterday I was able to talk to admin about getting a housing allowance since I'm married... and I also put in a name-change request. So I ordered new name-tapes, and those should arrive Friday or Monday.

Late that night I couldn't get to sleep very soon... so I read quite a few articles in the WWII magazine, and then spent a good couple hours preparing for leading the discussion at my small group tonight.

Jp

No comments: