Wednesday, February 2, 2011

When it Bizzards... Ain't it Thrillin'

My nose wasn't too chillin' on our trek to the galley last night... I had my ski mask on. My eyes sure hurt though, every time I looked up and got hit with snow at 60 mph. Goodness! I didn't think much of our blizzard until I got out in the wind. It wasn't the "Little House on the Prairie" kind that I had in my mind... I could see across the street just fine. Nonetheless, our barracks required us to go to chow in a group so we didn't get lost or something.

They let us out of school two hours early and canceled all Open Learning/Mandatory Study hours. They told us the base was shutting down, but clearly McDonald's and the NEX were still open when we went out. The snow was a blessing in disguise, though, as it allowed me a couple hour nap and time to clean up the room and take a shower when, if it hadn't, I would have been in more extra study. I might still be able to finish on Friday, like I want to anyway... only having two and a half Modules left total.

And continuing today, I'm really happy to be stuck inside, relaxing and being quiet (as one of my roommates is a night yeoman, she sleeps during the day). They've closed school for the entire day, I'm on duty, but have no watch... we have plenty of food in the room so I don't need to wander out in the couple feet of snow. All the wind created beautiful snow drifts... there's a huge one coming up from the sidewalk to the base of our big windows. That means I won't have to get my boots messed up before our big, class uniform inspection tomorrow... yay. :)

It's extremely white outside... and doesn't look like too much fun, especially since I got to experience joy last night at romping through snow drifts to and from chow. I'm staying dry and warm today! Thank the Lord! This and the extra rest is definitely helping me recover from being sick since Saturday.

(click the Navy icon for another post)

Jp

No comments: