Friday, July 9, 2010

Unemployed, But Not Unloved

Off all the send-offs I could have been given from my coworkers and friends, today's was magnificent. I arrived promptly at 7:05am and there was the door, and various walls, adorned with red, white & blue sparkly stars and garlands. Loren had donated his US flag to hang on my cube wall... and my boss had baked a white cake that had whipped cream, blueberries and strawberries arranged in a flag. At 10:30, quite a bunch gathered to send me off. They gave me a Dixie cup sailor hat and a little flag... and there were lots of hugs and farewells.

Yesterday QDC and CM took me out to lunch. We had a grand time! Lots of laughter (and unexpected tears when I started reading the card they had passed around at work) and great food! I had the usual: seafood bisque (to die for) and tasty chicken tacos with lime sauce: my favorite!

And I was able to leave with a clean cube and a fixed up room downstairs. The exit interview today only took a few minutes... just stuff about benefits I can buy if I want. Usually they ask if your department is okay, but she knew already there was nothing to worry about. She admitted the company couldn't quite compete with Navy benefits. :)

Last night we watched "Vivacious Lady" (1937, Jimmy and Ginger) and it was a great! Very funny and fun to watch. And with my first few hours off work today (in the sweltering heat) I've attacked the piles of stuff in my room and picked up quite a bit. Puppy has been sleeping by my bed ever since I've been home... what a cutie!

Jp

No comments: