Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Quiet... Unless There Are Spiders

By the time I woke up, Dad was coming home for lunch! I think I needed the sleep! I don't remember waking up earlier, like I have most other days. Again, just a little bit of brunch, and a set of games with Dad... that I won again.

After he went back, I went about washing my bed sheets, then got into washing the towels, then Mom came down and we got into cleaning Zac's room... and then I got the vacuum cleaner and did detail work in the hallway. Ran into (and killed) a nasty black spider in the pantry while sucking up cobwebs, and then I got into cleaning the hallway closet and the entryway down there... and ran into (and got freaked out by) a big, round, nasty mother-spider and a lot of very strange and creepy dead bugs behind the pairs of Zac's old shoes. I made some sort of racket when I encountered this, so that Mom came over from the garage (she was going through wedding food and decorations) to make sure I was okay. :) She cleaned up the big streak I made (that used to be the nasty spider) and pulled the rest of the shoes out for me (lol) and there weren't any more. It was traumatizing.

It was just about time for dinner when we finished. Leftover hamburgers and corn on the deck under the canopy tent in the sunset. Another perfect evening. And then we finished the 1st disc of Pie in the Sky (still love it!) and then I took the dog for a walk around the block and then I did a 1.5 mile run in 14:30. I can't wait until I can find the heart to push myself to a better time. Did 27 push-ups before the run, but no sit-ups. Slowly, but surely.

I've spent the rest of the night researching a bit about the Redwood forest that Mom and I will drive through on Friday. It'll be a highlight of our trip! :)

Need to make the bed and take a shower...
wishing you all pleasant dreams...
Jp

No comments: