Friday, July 30, 2010

Back At It

So on Wednesday evening, after we had been home for about a half hour and had dumped our things in our rooms, Jason's family came over and we watched them open their wedding presents! Jason's mother took down the names and Mom & Dad helped decipher some of the names from their friends and extended family :)

It was a late night because we did a good bit of visiting and chatting after the flurry of flying paper (Spiffy had a good time!). So I was pretty tired the next day... woke up about 10:30 on Thursday and sort of bumbled around until I really woke up when Dad came home for lunch. We played Backgammon (I won) and then I went into a frenzy, cleaning up the kitchen and my room. When I was done cleaning (dishes, vacuuming, windows... and putting things away in my room) I decided it would be a good time to do a fitness test... situps, pushups & running. Did just about the same as I did at the one I did before the trip. And to cool down (my face was red), I decided to go to the neighborhood pool for the first time this year. Did a couple hundred yards and just relaxed a bit too. Then a long shower at home... so relaxing. Didn't eat much that day beyond a granola and a sandwich and some fruit. Not very hungry, except when it was time for bed. And I stayed up a little later than I wanted (11pm) because I wanted to iron out the Oklahoma trip with the FC before they head off on a Padvorac Family vacation tomorrow. The days are flying by! It's almost August!

Today I woke up at a nice, normal time of 8 o'clockish. Had breakfast and read in a great little devotional book that was recommended to me by the pastor that led that Bible study last year. I had got it on the Internet right away... I just didn't take the time to read it until now. So very good. A simple reminder about keeping your life "cross-centered"... or fixed on remembering the importance of the gospel itself, instead of being led astray into thinking that we can do anything to save ourselves from God's wrath, or thinking that his favor depends on how we feel about it, or thinking we're trapped by guilt about whatever it is we do (or did) wrong. And that last one I loved the most: he talked very concisely about the difference between justification and sanctification. A great little study (read it in an hour!).

So far, the rest of the day has been engulfed in a Navy workout... and in another hour or so I am heading off to the University for a short little band practice for the parade in Downtown Seattle tomorrow (it's called the "Torchlight Parade" as a part of Seattle's "Seafair" summer celebration). Darn! I just realized that will make me late for chat again!!! I think I remember getting back around 10 or 11 in the past...
Darn. I'll get on whenever I get home.

Jp

No comments: