Sunday, April 25, 2010

35.5 Minutes

In a rash decision on Monday, when my recruiter told me about it, I decided to sign up for the Bellevue 5K run/walk held at the park near the Crossroads Mall. That's 3.1 miles... more than I like to run. The Navy had a booth, and my recruiter was there, although he did not run himself. I got there in plenty of time and warmed up as best I could with lunges and skips. The Marines from the Bellevue office had turned out en mass; apparently it was a required gathering. I was glad that it was left up to self-motivation for me. There were only three other Navy recruits, and they went much faster than I. But I didn't feel too bad about it. I'm a slow runner with a small air pipe... and I only walked off and on a couple times, and only after the first half. But I finished it, darn it! :) This was my very first organized run. What a blessing that it was perfect weather for it: mostly cloudy and cool with a bit of sun peeking through.

Upon returning home I made myself a good, large breakfast with eggs w/cheese, sausage, toast, juice and cereal. And now I have my feet up, resting comfortably under my fleece blanket.

Jp

No comments: