Thursday, February 4, 2010

Movie Times

I haven't said much this week, because much hasn't happened to me. But that's not too bad... I did have (as Ms. Naughton said) a "very exciting" weekend. Oh, would you look at the time... (as Meg -and then I- said in return).

I had a lovely time with my mom this week, though... on Monday, the two of us watched "It Happened One Night" (1934, Clark Gable) before my dad came home. It was just delightful! And then on Wednesday night, I took her out to the Olive Garden for a belated, little birthday treat. We both had their Zuppa Toscana soup, salad and bread-sticks. And we had a lovely time!

Upon getting home (we did go to Michael's for frames and Trader Joe's for tomatoes while we were out), we watched our recent acquisition from Netflix: "Laura" (1944). Goodness! I loved it! I had seen many commercials for it on AMC (way back when) and had always been interested. Can't believe it took me this long! I quickly closed my eyes for the most tense few seconds at the end because I don't handle that sort of thing well... nightmares in the past, actually.

And I'm proud of myself: I actually got up on Wed. morning and did a mile run around our block! It helped that it was around 40 degrees and dry, instead of 35, windy and wet as last week was. And tonight I went to Jazzercise again (I'm liking this evening thing... much nicer!). I took myself out to my favorite sandwich shop a bit down the street (Panera Bread) afterwords. Had the Mediterranean Veggie! Yum! And when I got home I was feeling exhilarated and I ran another mile. That did me in! :) Dad wanted to watch another old movie when I got in, but it was already later than it should be for starting a movie on a work night, so I suggested WENN. Mom said "sure!" and dad laughed, but he acquiesced. Mom suggested "From the Pen...", since that was the one Amanda talked about... and it was grand.

Jp

No comments: