Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Turning it Over

Last night I realized that I didn't like very much how I was acting... barely pulling myself out of bed in the mornings to get to work, spending too much time on the Internet; not doing the things that matter. So last night I choose to change. This morning I made myself get up in time to take care of myself and my room before having to fly out the door.

Mom went down to visit her friend near Mt. St. Helens today, so I was alone at home for lunch. Dad had a meeting at work. I realized that we had to fend for ourselves tonight for dinner, so I planned it out. I got some hamburger out to thaw, so when I got home at 5:15, it was ready to go. I mixed up the cornbread, browned the hamburger, and cooked the chili and tomatoes and spices. It turned out just like Mom's! It's not quite rocket science... but it was a complete dinner for both Dad & I and the Fun Couple, whenever they get here, and I don't get to do that very often. :) Dad and I played backgammon during dinner, and then stuck in "All Through the Night" (Bogart, 1942) for a little after-dinner relaxation. What a fun Nazi movie! Had never seen it before, but it felt so familiar... Nazis behind every corner with a shortwave radio. I think Rupert did a marvelous job re-creating the predictable but lovable 1940's Nazi-catch'em stories. Even though it interrupted the beauty of season two, I like what he did with WENN.

Jp

No comments: