Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Walkin' in Running

After working on that last super-long post on Sunday, we watched the next in Foyle's War. I'm always worried that they're going to kill off Foyle's son (he's in the RAF), but they just gave him battle fatigue. Whew! I really love this series.

Yesterday was wild! I woke up way early, and then unpacked and cleaned myself up. As I walked in the door at work at my usual time... a little after 7... my boss called my cell to make sure I was coming in. And as soon as I got upstairs I barely had time to sit down all day long. Worked right through lunch and stayed a little late. It was pitch black outside when I left at 5:30... so much for bike riding after work until about March.

Not only was it more than a full day of work, but after a quick dinner, I ran off to my Bible class. We studied Galatians and Ephesians a little closer than we've done in the others to discuss Christian freedom in Christ and how he becomes our identity. We talked about the difference between doing what Christ commands with delight rather than through duty. It's the only way Christianity can really work. Otherwise we start thinking we have to do all this stuff to impress God, and that is exactly what he wants to save us from. How hard would it be to impress perfection and holiness? Impossible, as far as I've experienced. So us Christians do things that please him and abstain from others that don't because we love him. His desires become our desires (slowly, but surely). Thank the Lord he has promised to help us in this.

I started listening to the Owensboro WENN program in my car on the way to class. It is so different from what I'm used to! It's fun when it deviates from the show! Except of course, when Victor speaks... :) No one can replace JBL. In order to unwind when I got home, we watched Valentino Speaks for some plot-less fun. And it was... fantastic.

This morning, you should have seen the valley! I didn't see it from my regular hill because I made it to Jazzercise this morning... but from the parking lot I saw the fog coming up to the trees on the opposite side with a thin, wispy layer of pink and yellow clouds surrounding it. Mt. Rainier was lit up in a glow of gold and the moon was still fully visible in the west. And then I walked in the door. Here we go again!

Jp

No comments: